Monday, November 25, 2013

What About Gender Sexual & Romantic Minorities

In the weeks following Diocesan Convention, we have been thinking about and responding to comments and questions we received there. One that I have been thinking about is this: “Please consider LGBTQ+ (or GSRM) issues in what is proposed. (GSRM stands for Gender Sexual & Romantic Minorities – it’s a new term that shortens LGBTQ+)”

My first response was “Of course, we are considering everyone, including our LGBTQ/GRSM brothers and sisters as we do our work.” But as a straight woman, I realized that my understanding and perspective is limited. I need to know more. Because our group’s focus is studying, learning, and discerning, I want to hear more. What should we know? How can we work towards being fully and truly welcoming and inclusive?


Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment