Sunday, May 4, 2014

But who do you say that I am

“But who do you say that I am?” ~ Jesus of Nazareth
Matthew 16:15 - 16, Mark 8:29, Luke 9:20, John 6:69 (NIV)

I ask you, my fellow Christians, in this Easter Season, as we again remember and celebrate the life and resurrection of Jesus of Nazareth, the one we name our Christ - the Anointed One - is this the Jesus in whom you believe? In His Resurrection in this Season, I wonder – just wonder – what Jesus of Nazareth would think of us, the Christian people and of our holy, catholic and apostolic church, founded to carry on his Good News. What have we done, and what are we doing now in His name?

I will not leave the church, and my heart is sorely troubled. Given the hyperbole in “Remembering Jesus at Easter”; this is the Jesus I want to remember and to follow as the Anointed One. What about you? Who do you say He is?



MaryAnn

No comments:

Post a Comment